Teatro del Pueblo is a non-profit theater committed to promoting Latino culture through the creation and presentation of performing arts. Teatro develops and supports Latino artists, provides educational opportunities for all to experience Latino culture and promotes cross-cultural dialogue.
Contract/Part-time: 20 hours per week
Teatro del Pueblo promotes Latino culture through the creation and presentation of performing arts by:
• Developing and supporting Latino artists
• Providing educational opportunities for all people to experience Latino culture
• Promoting cross-cultural dialogue
Teatro del Pueblo is a small, nonprofit Latino theater that is passionate about celebrating Latino culture and increasing cultural diversity in the arts. Join our team to work in a high-energy, fast-paced office where you will have the opportunity for your skills to shine!
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Research opportunities to fund Teatro del Pueblo’s programming and general operating expenses (e.g. foundation grants, government grants, corporate sponsorships, etc.).
2. Write grant proposals to fund:
– Teatro del Pueblo programming (e.g. public performances, touring shows, and commissioned work).
– General Operating Support
– Consulting opportunities (continuously improve corporate structure, build organizational capacity, coach and mentor Board of Directors, Artistic Director, Operations Manager and Development Associate)
3. Complete final reports for Grants received in collaboration with Artistic Director and Operations Manager.
4. Solicit, gather, organize and file recommendations, reviews, thank-you letters, letters of support, and other community references for use when applying for grant proposals.
5. Develop and implement 5 annual fundraising campaigns as part of the individual donor program:
– Fiscal Year-End (April-June)
– “Fund a Need” (July-Sept)
– “Give to the Max” Day in conjunction with GiveMN.org (November)
– Calendar Year-End (Oct-Dec)
– “Fund a Need” (Jan-March)
6. Work with Development/Fundraising Consultant to develop and implement Teatro del Pueblo’s Development Plan.
– Meet with expert Development Consultant monthly to review steps completed, receive coaching and mentoring, and identify steps for the coming month.
7. Other responsibilities as requested.
• Minimum of 2 years writing grant proposals
• Minimum of 2 years working for a non-profit organization
• Minimum of 2 years developing and implementing individual donor program
• Work with Arts/Cultural Organization
• Interest in Latino culture
To apply, please forward your cover letter, resume, and a sample grant proposal to:
Thank you for your interest!