The stage manager position will play an active role in Teatro del Pueblo’s production of Real Women Have Curves.
Hours: 10 to 25 (depending on the week) Rehearsal some weeknights and some weekends.
Pay range ($2,600-$3,200) Contract.
Tentative schedule 3-day rehearsal weeks for the first 4 weeks increasing days as we get closer to June. Rehearsals start on April 18th.
State date: April 1 – End date June 25 (Start date or end date may be extended if the candidate is available)
Reports to: Company Manager and Artistic Director
A successful applicant must be comfortable working autonomously as well as in a team-based setting. The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting and supporting staff with production needs related to the production and assist with periphery event-related production. The selected candidate will work along and coordinate with designers, actors, directors, and producers creating an efficient and cohesive environment for the creative team. In addition, the ideal candidate for this position is imaginative and will take pride in finding solutions and troubleshooting. Basic knowledge and experience with Microsoft applications and all other pertinent stage management theater applications in a Mac and PC.
Stage Manager Responsibilities
• Maintain excellent communication between producers and directors, as well as coordinate and document rehearsal times and needs before, during, and after rehearsals.
• Coordinate understudies’ rehearsal times.
• Overseeing entrances and other technical aspects during the show such as mic volume, house lights, and sound technician.
• Managing the house: curtain-control before, at intermission, and after the show.
• Checking for backstage passes and enforcing any rules and regulations necessary to clear the area of unnecessary people.
• Making sure the theatre is operating within current health and safety regulations to ensure a safe and tidy environment.
• Keeping abreast of the advances in technologies and techniques in the industry.
• All other industry-related Stage Management duties.
If you are interested in this position, please email a Cover Letter and Resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even if you do not meet every requirement, we encourage you to apply. We are looking for passionate people willing to learn, and we support our staff just as we do our artists and local theaters. We look forward to meeting you!